As a patient or parent of a patient, you want to seek the best orthodontic care. We know and understand that, and pride ourselves on our honesty and patient respect, and assure you the best orthodontic treatment available.
We are highly qualified.
We offer the tremendous benefit of having two orthodontic specialists in the office. Although Dr. Battistoni and Dr. Beam have very similar treatment philosophies, the doctors routinely confer with each other to establish definitive treatment plans in their patient’s best interests.
Both doctors are Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics, a distinction attained by only 33% of orthodontists in the country.
We are up-to-date.
Drs. Battistoni and Beam are committed to continuing their educations and staying ahead of the curve on the latest procedure and technologies in the orthodontics world. That means you will always have access to the most current treatments.
Customer Service and Patient Dedication
At the office of Drs. Battistoni and Beam, we are dedicated to one thing – our patients. What sets us apart from other orthodontist practices is our team. Each team member treats every patient who comes in our door as a member of his or her extended family. Our success depends on you – and we want to ensure you have successful, and enjoyable orthodontic treatment.
Our goal is to offer a patient-focused practice. That means we are here to serve you – to answer your questions, to ease your concerns, to walk with you every step of the way.
As a parent of an orthodontic patient, we know your greatest joy is in seeing your children happy and smiling. We know that you have many choices in orthodontic practices, and we consider it a privilege when parents choose us as their child’s care provider. It’s an honor we take very seriously, and we work hard with you and your child to provide the most beautiful and properly functioning smile.
If you’ve waited to have orthodontic treatment as an adult, we know what an important decision this is. You’ve spent a lifetime hiding your smile, and one of our greatest joys is seeing the happy, confident smiles once treatment is complete.
We promise, when you’re in our chair, you are the most important patient in the world. We schedule every appointment in such a way that you will feel as if you are our only patient. We are dedicated to you and to your smile – that’s our promise.
Key Items To Consider When Selecting An Orthodontist
When it is time to choose an orthodontist, we know you have many options. Making the right decision for your needs can seem overwhelming with all of the complex treatments and options available. Here are some things we think are important for you to consider when making your decision.
- The qualifications of the orthodontist – Don’t be afraid to ask for information on the qualifications and experience of the orthodontist. Orthodontic treatment takes a high level of skill, and you want to be sure any orthodontist you work with has the experience necessary to give you not just a beautiful smile, but one that functions well, too. Is your orthodontist a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics? What are his or her areas of expertise? How long has he or she been practicing? Do friends, family members and others in the dental community recommend the orthodontist?
- The qualifications of the staff – An orthodontist’s staff play key roles in your orthodontic care. Their experience and qualifications are a critical component in the success of your treatment. Ask about their qualifications and experience to ensure that you have the most highly trained professionals as part of your orthodontic team.
- Technology use in the office – Does your orthodontist use the latest technology available in the orthodontic world? With new technology introduced all the time, the orthodontic world changes rapidly. Is your orthodontist committed to staying at the forefront of the technological world? This will ensure you always have access to the latest and greatest in orthodontic care. Ask your orthodontist about digital X-rays, SureSmile technology, Invisalign and Damon System.
- References – Ask your orthodontist for a list of references. You can often learn the most about an orthodontist by speaking with former patients. By speaking to patients who have had treatment similar to your own and learning about their experiences, you can better understand what to expect from your orthodontist practice.
- Location – Orthodontic treatment requires regular office visits over the duration of treatment. Be sure you choose a practice that has an office or offices conveniently located for you and your family. Many larger practices might have satellite offices in multiple areas, allowing you convenient access from work, school and home.
- Convenient office hours – Life is busy, and it’s important that any orthodontic practice you choose have office hours that conveniently fit into your schedule. Are early or late appointment available? Are Saturday appointments an option? What happens if you experience an emergency? If the orthodontist has more than one office, how are appointments schedule at each location? Will front desk assistants work with you to ensure appointments fit into your busy schedule?
Our Awards and Accomplishments
Checkbook Magazine Dental Specialist Vote
When Chicagoland dentists were asked to name dental specialists to whom they would entrust their own family members, Drs. Battistoni and Beam were two of the highest-rated orthodontists. (Checkbook magazine, Summer/Fall 2008) And every year since the first vote, our orthodontists have been listed as two of the highest rated orthodontists in Chicago and the surrounding area. Checkbook Magazine is a non-profit publication that provides unbiased ratings for companies and healthcare providers. Drs. Battistoni and Beam are honored to continue to receive such confidence from their colleagues in the dental world.
Windy City Study Club
Drs. Battistoni and Beam were asked to be the sole orthodontic advisors to the Windy City Study Club, a Chicago branch of the nationally known Seattle Study Club. Seattle Study Club, Inc. is an international network with doctors dedicated to advancing their knowledge to provide the most excellent care to every patient they serve. There are more than 250 clubs throughout the world, where doctors come together for interactive programs, to discuss the latest developments in the dentistry world, and to participate in presentations by world-renowned speakers. Drs. Battistoni and Beam consider it a great honor to be the orthodontic advisors for the Windy City Study Club.
Reader’s Choice Award
Each year, Suburban Life Newspaper asks readers to choose their favorites from a variety of categories to receive the Reader’s Choice Award. Drs. Battistoni and Beam have been honored to receive the award for top dentist each year since 2002. And in 2014, we received the award for Best Orthodontist in Oak Park and La Grange. What an honor it is to know the hard work we put into our craft is so appreciated by the patients we love to serve!
Drs. Battistoni and Beam individually have received another honor from Midwest Living Magazine. For multiple years, including this year, they have been included in the database of topDentists. This honor is based on an exhaustive peer review survey. Dentist and specialists throughout the Chicago area cast their votes for other dentists and specialists in the area, based on their skills and abilities. Drs. Battistoni and Beam are thrilled and humbled to continue to be recognized by their peers for their dedication to their craft.
American Board of Orthodontics Doctor Certification
Founded in 1929, the American Board of Orthodontics is the oldest and most prestigious specialty board in dentistry. The ABO aims to elevate the standards of the field of orthodontics, to be sure the public is familiar with both its aims and ideals, and to protect the public against unqualified practitioners.
To become board certified, an orthodontist must pass rigorous written and clinical examinations and undergo a comprehensive review of his credentials in order to be certified. This process can take anywhere from five to 10 years, and once board certified, the orthodontist is required to update his certification every 10 years. Board certification signifies the orthodontist’s pursuit of proficiency and excellence in orthodontics.
We are high-tech.
We have a computerized, virtually paperless office. All charts and patient information are available anywhere in the office, increasing efficiency. Your time is valuable, and our integrated GPS software helps us run on time.
We utilize Suresmile, a sophisticated technology that uses robot-generated archwires to move teeth more accurately and efficiently, reducing treatment time up to 30%.
We use iTero intraoral scanners to provide the most precise treatment plans. With the ability to create digital impressions, you have a more enjoyable experience and we have highly accurate representations of your teeth at our fingertips.
We offer AcceleDent, a simple to use device designed to speed up your orthodontic treatment. The gentle micropulses emitted from the device can speed up tooth movement by as much as 50 percent with daily use.
We use digital imaging. All radiographs (X-rays) are digital, offering better quality images than film with only a fraction of the radiation.
We offer the latest in treatment modalities—from Invisalign to the Damon System—along with a combined 35 years of experience to educate you and help you achieve the best results possible.
We offer 24/7 access to your account information. View treatment images, find out the time of your next appointment, and check your account ledger any time of day from the comfort of your own computer at www.awesomebraces.com.
We know that each patient is different. That’s why treatment is tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Drs. Battistoni and Beam know that a cookie-cutter approach to orthodontics won’t allow patients to achieve their ideal results. They take great care to ensure each patient’s needs are evaluated on an individual basis, crafting treatment plans custom to each patient.
We have a commitment to communication at each visit, and pledge to make a conscious effort to update you about you or your child’s treatment at every appointment. With daily appointment summaries and periodic formal progress reviews, patients and parents are kept abreast about treatment and its progress.
We take the time to listen. Our doctors and staff will always take the time to answer your questions or return a phone call. An open line of communication is essential to proper treatment, and we always encourage patients and parents to ask questions or voice concerns.
We have a fun office environment. Video games, contests, and seasonal decorating keep the atmosphere lively and welcoming. We truly care about each patient and their families, and want everyone to feel at home in our offices.